Saturday 3 September 2011

Fractions and Geometry

My thoughts
Talking about fractions brought memories on how I learnt the topic. I remember how my math teacher taught me how to overturn a fraction when we divide two fractions. Drawing models also makes comprehension of topics easy.

Geometry was interesting.  I created some shapes with the lines. Some of my classmates made some interesting shapes. One of my fellow friends actually found a pattern between the dots and the area of the figure. I heard Dr Yeap’s instruction wrongly. I thought i could draw any shapes, so I drew a  circle. Then I realised that the lines should be straight and should be connected to the dots.
The homework proved to be interesting too. I derived some ways to create the shapes of a square and triangle.


No comments:

Post a Comment